Wednesday, December 12, 2012



Breaking (making) News 

Within a hour the news media bought up, 
lock, stock and barrel, franchise style, 
the entire tragedy 
and now we’ll see for weeks on end 
talking heads who know everything about everything 
nobody wants to know anything about 

and endless loops of the same old scenes, 
the same old interviews about how they felt 
and a few computer enhanced re-creations 
thrown in for good measure 

and they will call it breaking news long after it broke 
and we the masses sit on the edges of our seats 
asking the same old questions, scratching our asses 
and waiting for more

but at least it distracts 
from all this other manufactured bulls#*t.


* * *

From the Top Down

Advertisements is the aim,
the goal, the ultimate objective
and entertainment programming
is just the vehicle

and like everything else
in our hi-tech world
the vehicle gets smaller
and smaller.

Eventually
all that will be left
is advertisements hitching rides
on other advertisements.






3 comments:

  1. It is hard to stay away from the coverage, but I'm doing my best to do just that...even sappy Christmas movies are better than that...still ads, but I can mute any time I want. Avoidance can be dizzying at times, though. A good book always helps. And life in America goes on and on and on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too mute most everything, even old movies after all who needs to be reminded life used to be more rational. Audio books are my favorite in old age.
    I don't know who Anonymous is but thanks for reading my stuff anyway.

    ReplyDelete