Monday, December 17, 2012


Changing you is no problem 
cuz you feel  
but changing them who embrace 
the stone and steel, 
well, 
that will never happen 

and I see dark clouds ahead 
and I want to slow down, turn around 
but this vehicle has a mind of it’s own 
and a voice that whispers, 

"you ain’t seen nothing yet"


* * * . 


and the fools gather 
chit chatting in angst the whole day away, 
‘what to do, what to do’ 

when there’s nothing they can do 
but wait 

for surely the beast 
in all it’s glory unrestrained
will come again,


3 comments:

  1. Enough already on the tragedy...let's have REAl news. According to something just posted from Robert Reich - the president has caved on the fiscal cliff...can't find anything else on it. I'm afraid you're right - on the tragedies - they will continue and increase in the horrific-ness (not a word) Don't know how much more we can take...guess we will because we have no choice. double ugh...where's that cabin in the wilderness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing, I headed to the wilderness through the Bush years by becoming a campground host and I literally tuned out for a few years but tuned back in in 09 when the recession hit. Now four years later I really regret selling my motor home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, several hours later--sounds like the President is still holding his ground; maybe there is still some hope. If you were still in the wilderness, you wouldn't even know. Ignorance is bliss, they say-haha.

    ReplyDelete