‘IT’S FOR YOUR PROTECTION’
every dictator say’s
when he puts armed guards everywhere
and he will even say
you asked him to do it.
* * *
NRA Dreamscapes
It’s scary what we’re becoming.
It’s like everything is coming into focus
and the neighbors we once loved and trusted
are now all armed and dangerous.
* * * * *
Gifts to Go
Give me a DVD and I’ll be gone for a couple hours.
Give me a computer game
and I’ll be gone for a few days.
Give me a smart phone with a bunch of apps
and I’ll be gone wherever I go
and oh yeah,
thanks
it was nice knowing you.
and he will even say
you asked him to do it.
* * *
NRA Dreamscapes
It’s scary what we’re becoming.
It’s like everything is coming into focus
and the neighbors we once loved and trusted
are now all armed and dangerous.
* * * * *
Gifts to Go
Give me a DVD and I’ll be gone for a couple hours.
Give me a computer game
and I’ll be gone for a few days.
Give me a smart phone with a bunch of apps
and I’ll be gone wherever I go
and oh yeah,
thanks
it was nice knowing you.
Definitely makes you look at your neighbors differently...not knowing WHAT they're going to do...or that guy you pass on the street with his "concealed weapon". So much for the peace & love that was supposed to come this millenium:-)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, guess we're still alive...hope you have a merry christmas or happy holidays, whatever the sentiment is to be these days.
Same to you even though I lost sight of it's meaning years ago. All it means to me now days is it's the time of the year the idol shines brightest.
ReplyDeleteExcellent article in Huffington Post yesterday 24th. What would Jesus say to the NRA? The reason we talk about Jesus as the Prince of Peace - he taught us that we can disarm violence without mirroring it...he was born in a very violent time - babies were being killed all around him...Be of Good Cheer! not because of...but in spite of... PEACE be with you.
ReplyDelete