Tuesday, August 16, 2011



Antiquity

I lost something once
but can’t put my finger on
what it was but the 
lacking is most evident.

Some things are easy
and some things are vague.
Most things are just waiting
and never die

like fossils in stasis 
the life is in the finding
which probably sustains 
eternal interest.


by Dave Holloway


I found this drawing I did back in the early 70's of a Michelangelo statue and
saw that it fit with the poem though I don't really know how that happens.




2 comments:

  1. Hallo Dave
    Both are very good, the drawing and the poem.
    They are connected, not just in the title. Also in "Most things are just waiting
    and never die." The crack in the picture makes it even better somehow :) Where is this statue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. The original statue is in Florence, Italy.

    ReplyDelete