Monday, June 13, 2011

Dictators 

Within the perimeters
of anything
a dictator dwells,
rules and expects
total allegiance

and only when we slip
can we determine
how dictatorial
our dictator can be.

Outside the perimeter
where no dictators dwell
we yearn for one
nevertheless.



Lost Souls

I think souls are lost
unaware
and bodies left behind
to fair
the beastly mind
that dare
call itself holy and right

and guide nations
it might
in foaming greed,
unnatural need 
for it’s all
a beast can know.



My Crazy World

I’m inspired
by a crazy world.
The crazier the better
inspires the poem,
the art, the letter,

the continual quest
to find what’s true
inspires and makes me
 crazier than you.
So let it roll
you crazy f**k.
If you were perfect
there’d be no luck
and that dear world 
would truly suck.

So let it roll
I’m here again,
no hope, no home
not even a friend
on the edge of nothing
I look within
and staring back
with a fiendish grin

my crazy world.



by Dave



5 comments:

  1. craziness does drive one intelligence and inspirations.

    Glad to see you share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normal is overrated I prefer the variance, the full emotional experience, the craziness. Your first poem rings so true, which is saddening. Greed seems to be the driving force of government and often of individuals its tragic because material wealth will never fill up the void

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are willing to share.


    join poets rally today.
    we love your talent.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You write wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete