Monday, June 27, 2011

Last Days

In a grand finale
almost vengeful air
the sound mind
slowly slipped away

yet a youthful gleam
shone crystal bright
through cloudy eyes
that saw too much

of a beautiful world
that grinds to dust
the wicked core
of self righteousness

still plaguing a corner
of a mind now loss
but sweetly surrendered
to a nurse’s care

and a garden view
where baby quail
pick and peck
their stomachs full.




A Mirror Script

The astronomer said,
“I don’t know what it is either
so let’s call it dark matter”.

Scene flashes to the garden
where Adam say’s to Eve,
“I don’t know what it is either
so let’s call it god”.



Leaves

Dry leaves we are
falling away
from living limb

to ride the wind
and wave alike
to parts unknown

we accumulate
in heap and pile
to rot or burn.




by Dave


6 comments:

  1. slow and deep...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A Mirror Script" just blew me away..life emerging from the Black Hole once more...what's in a name?
    Liked the other 2 also...

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all three.

    compact and lovely imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 thought provoking pieces. Last days my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really would love to write poetry as short as this...But donno somehow I am used to elaborate things...Very wonderfully written crisp and short..Thanks for share ..

    ReplyDelete