Monday, January 7, 2013


The Tea Party Kid

In a make believe world 
he sips imaginary tea 
from an empty cup. 

A little kid pretending 
he’s all grown up,
rebel yelling ‘spending cuts!’ 

but what he really says is 
‘me, me, me,
my plans, my wars, my policy!’


* * * * *


Mass Hypnosis

I finally got rid of that propaganda tool 
cuz I am so tired of being played for a fool 
so I turned in my cable box  

and now, like in the good old days, 
commercial interruptions is the price I pay 
for free TV, 

limited to a certain degree 
but ten channels of crap is hardly any different 
than a hundred channels of the same.


2 comments:

  1. I haven't got that brave yet, to unplug the cable. But decisions have to be made... Agree about the tea party silliness...it's all about what they want, their interpretation of what the country SHOULD be. shoulda coulda woulda... Good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call it brave, more like fed up.
    You'd think with all this advanced technology they could come up with something better than all this mind numbing, commercial saturated stuff they call entertainment.

    Anyway, thanks again for your comments.

    ReplyDelete