In the great expansion
all hands will eventually part
and in time
even greed will lack a host
to suck upon.
* * *
We are the generations
our great, great grandparents
warned each other about
and we inherited their inability
to work things out
and whether we like it or not,
right or wrong
right or wrong
our children’s children
will inherit the same inability
to just get along.
I'm afraid you're right about human interaction and the inability to "work things out"...there has always been pockets of cooperation, but never will happen on a large scale. Wonder what "the great expansion" is???
ReplyDeleteThe universe is expanding and even though logic says it should be slowing down it's actually speeding up and no one can figure that one out.
ReplyDeleteEventually there will be huge distances between galaxies and stars and the sky will be absent of starlight and everything will finally disappear into that darkness traveling at tremendous speeds.
I think that's the fate of the universe and since we are in that universe it's our fate too to become more and more distant from each other.
Hope I don't sound too crazy but your three question marks compelled me to try and explain my meaning.
My aim is to simplify things. I try to reduce vast concepts into as few words as possible. It's what I think poetry is about even though I know very little about poetry.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the explanation re:expanding universe. In that light the work makes perfect sense. On the other hand, if we humans could connect more with the universe, maybe we WOULD be more connected, because that's really where we originated and where we will "go back to"...I'm not quite as articulate as yourself...just thoughts, not to detract with your point.
ReplyDelete