The tin man’s head
spins to and fro
and everybody wonders
which way he will go.
Will yesterday’s friend
be tomorrow’s foe?
Will his joints seize up
in the rain and snow?
The glaciers might melt
but the oil must flow
because that’s the way
a tin man will roll.
* * * * *
The little Nazi was in town yesterday
only two blocks away and I must say
I was impressed and oppressed
by the turn out
and felt aghast at the mass
of old farts like me,
decrepit and grey with nothing to say
but let’s hate our own betterment.
* * * * *
The little Nazi was in town yesterday
only two blocks away and I must say
I was impressed and oppressed
by the turn out
and felt aghast at the mass
of old farts like me,
decrepit and grey with nothing to say
but let’s hate our own betterment.
Good one. Perfect. You're back.
ReplyDeleteReally. Yeah, I'm amazed at the ones our age who think he's so cool. What? Shooting themselves in the foot. or head.
ReplyDeleteor they like hitting themselves in the head with a hammer because it feels so good when they stop.
ReplyDeleteexactly.
ReplyDelete