Wednesday, September 5, 2012


The News

You saw it on the news so it must be right
yet there’s no real news coverage anywhere.  
Just a conglomerate corporate viewpoint 
and what it wishes to share. 

Then an unavoidable event 
will hit the scene 
but it’s quickly wrapped and packaged 
by forces unseen 

then edited into time slots 
looped endlessly through the night 
and you’ll sit mesmerized 
thinking it’s right 

cuz you saw it on the news.


The only thing that’s going to save us is the one thing we will never do.  
Turn off the news and the news knows that will never happen.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks.
    Think about it, presidents come and go but news networks are forever. That's real power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm turning mine off. not that internet isn't as bad...but maybe. Will You?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose in a way I'm speaking for myself in my writings. I'm not watching very much of this fabricated election thing on network news channels because I just don't believe it. To say it's a neck and neck race is absurd but they're insistent so I just watch something else. The internet might be as bad but I just mute everything I don't want to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I want to watch real news I watch the The Daily Show and I love The Randi Rhodes radio show.

      Delete
  4. i like colbert, too. haven't heard of Randi Rhodes. I watched the whole thing (convention) yesterday on cspan. now i'm just tired. I need a tv fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Colbert too. I like his books too. Randi's a talk radio host online.

      Delete