Sunday, September 2, 2012



Mob Rule

In the mob 
you can really be free 
just the way 
it was meant to be.

In the mob 
you can hate, rape 
and deregulate 
anything you want. 

In the mob 
you can call treason 
concern for a nation 
and get away with it.

In the mob 
you can break and trash 
what you want to smash 
and call it courageous.

In the mob, 
in a spiffy suit 
you can lie and loot 
and rule the world.


* * * * *


There’s plenty who see what’s going on.
More today than ever before
but that won’t stop the knee high boot
from kicking down your door.






5 comments:

  1. Unless they don't get enough electoral votes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “The storm keeps on twisting.
      Keep on building the lies
      That you make up for all that you lack.”
      Sarah MacLauchlan - Angel 1997

      The problem I think is we are trying to be rational in an irrational situation. The republicans are a failed party but they’re given legit status by the news media who stand to make millions if they succeed at making it appear like a legit race. It’s a form of mass hypnosis. Classic brainwashing.

      Delete
    2. So, trying to think rationally and naively i wonder, forgetting there is no rationality, except with the number cruncher. And, guess i am no different from the believers. I see the Twit a certain way and they see the President another way. Yes, all the chaos w/in the party makes ratings go up. on and on. Still, it is hard to believe that so many think He is a savior.
      I am surrounded by the believers...but I had my say in a large mtg. yesterday. As I looked at their faces, i see they didn't have a clue that there may be opposing views other than their own. Did notice them looking at me in a different way, afterwards. I just smile & go on. that's all I can do. Since jumping up & down & telling them their idiot Nazis;-) really wouldn't do much other than make me a target. I like your analogies, all the same.

      Delete
  2. and p.s. thanks for the Sara MacLachlan turn-on. I'll be listening to her most of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By believers I assume you mean republicans. I'm surrounded by them too but it's my impression they see the Twit more as a change than a savior.
      I believe in the old adage, people get the government they deserve and he very well might be what America deserves.
      Luckily I'm already on Social Security and Medicare.

      Delete