Tuesday, March 19, 2013


Like a Snake

Off one side of his forked tongue slides 
his lord and savior Jesus Christ, 
previously convicted of treason 
so forget about that background check

and off the other side of his forked tongue slides 
his holy amendment right  
to bear a weapon with a thirty round clip 
just in case he’s unable to bite.

* * *

Laws won’t change a cultural disposition 
but serving the god you say you serve might.


10 comments:

  1. ...just found a blog you might be interested - a young Swedish couple living "off the grid" talk of the familiar turn their own country is taking...and their country is the "classic" socialist country...it's happening everywhere...it's on WordPress "& the Pioneer Life"...check out "the situation is this...just thought you might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting site. Thanks.
    When I was a kid I read about this scientific experiment on over population. They used rats in city like mazes and the more they added the more vicious the rats became and eventually they ate each other up. I think that might have something to do with what's going on. The banks are simply capitalizing on the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is growing exponentially; the world is technilogically changing, but people are still primitive. Read a story about an aboriginal chief's son (from the rainforest in Brazil) who has come to the U.S. to "learn" from us - going to a NYC college so he can learn English, etc. to tell his story of the importance of his land that is being destroyed by logging, etc. So MAYBE the world can learn about the importance of the environment, but will it be in time before his land is destroyed???...crazy 11th hour-type stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The site is called White Wolf Pack - tribal & aboriginal news.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When everything is growing exponentially it's probably too late to do anything about anything but I doubt the outcome will arrive the way it's foretold, catastrophic and all. More like a slow withering away as we frantically try to adapt.
    When the rainforests are gone there will be less oxygen which might kill off a lot of people but those who survive will require less oxygen and they will carry on in a world less populated so in a weird way we are doing ourselves a favor by getting rid of the rainforests.
    Absurd times require absurd viewpoints.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You say the world is technologically changing, but the people are still primitive as if the technology is too much for a primitive people.
    I say technology is the best a primitive people can come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Human beings are still primal, primitive, whatever, no matter how advanced some brains are...as for the rest: absurd is the key word. it's all absurd...we're all absurd.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think, as a primitive human, we have to stop defining and measuring ourselves by the tools we create and the things we accumulate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are a lot of VERY USEFUL tools created...sorry, I measure what is good for humanity - I do not define myself by what I've accumulated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all subjective - we all have a point of view:-)

    ReplyDelete