Saturday, October 22, 2011



Senior Lament

The greatest thing I’ll ever do
I probably did but forgot.

The best woman I’ll ever get
I probably already got.

The most money I’ll ever make
I probably made and spent

and the god I seek I already found,
long ago was sent.

All that remains is repetition.




7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely amazing. I have no more words to speak about this poem but that - because it is just such an amazing poem. Thank you for sharing! I really enjoyed it :)

    Here's mine: http://cursemymetalbody.wordpress.com/2011/10/20/poetry-thursday-70/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how much this poem does in such a short space. Funny and sad at the same time, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting piece, although I do hope there is more to life than that.

    Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see your point on some of this, but I ain't done yet! Wonderful write though! Well done, Dave!
    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/10/19/perfect-love/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting message and a powerful last line. Great read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your wonderful comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing finish,
    delightful style of wriitng.

    ReplyDelete