Thursday, October 13, 2011



Babies

I fathered babies 
and gave them my love, 
believing them to be 
gifts from above,

receiving in return 
wonder and awe, 
and glimpsing a heaven 
without a flaw

where purity and innocence 
blends to mesmerize 
with stunning clarity 
through big brown eyes

and luminous black pupils, 
like mirrors they shine, 
capturing without effort 
every curious mind,

answering without words 
every question we find, 
flashing ancient secrets 
like a neon sign

but mostly I remember
just changing diapers.

by Dave


11 comments:

  1. receiving in return
    wonder and awe,
    and glimpsing a heaven
    without a flaw


    kids do think we are flawless...well for a little while.

    http://zongrik.wordpress.com/2011/10/13/son/

    ReplyDelete
  2. how delightful,
    your love for the baby is divine.


    fun word flow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks and yes and we think they're flawless too.
    Then of course they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that is beautiful. And the more so because it is a father's words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing,
    a voice from a real father, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the flow of that, and the cute little ending. Excellent!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so true. The joy and the sorrow of both fatherhood and motherhood. There is no escaping some of the bitter along with the exultation. Well done ...
    Namaste,
    Isadora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! Such a sweet tribute, though I had to laugh at the last line :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent tribute....heartfelt writing...Thanks for share

    ReplyDelete