Universal Truth
An alien spacecraft landed in the backyard
and the alien commander came out and asked
me to take him to my leader so I invited him
in the house and showed him the TV.
He put his alien fingers on the screen and
instantly absorbed the information of a hundred
channels then turned to me and asked if I
wanted to buy a cheese and onion chopper
with three attachments for $9.95.
That’s when I suddenly realized
what life and the whole universe amounts to
so I said,
“perhaps, is it dishwasher friendly?”
by Dave Holloway
I think if any supreme being ever appeared to us it would simply try to sell us
what we think we already own because that’s all we really understand.
I think if any supreme being ever appeared to us it would simply try to sell us
what we think we already own because that’s all we really understand.
Well, I'll take a cheese & onion chopper. I don't own a dishwasher, so I don't care if it's friendly or not. :)
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely brilliant, Dave! You have captured the essence of the mythological world we inhabit! If there is a prize, you should get two for the low low price of 9.95! And that's not all!
ReplyDeleteI love this!
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/09/25/one-she-beckons-me-come-2/
love your descriptions,
ReplyDeletewell done.
:)
:) That is an original look on mythology!
ReplyDeleteI love it, especially the part about wanting to buy the chopper. That's what the alien gets out of all of those channels, eh?
ReplyDeleteWonderful. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this - except perhaps to say that I've joined your followers on the strength of this one poem, alone. I've never done that before. Now I must read some more!
ReplyDelete