Metamorphosis
Long black hairs
growing out
of nose and ears.
Skin worn
like old clothing
un-returnable
and smells
never smelt
before
this longing to hide
or shout
STAND BACK!
Another old fool
coming through
the transformation!
by Dave Holloway
In Kafka’s story the guy wakes up and realizes he’s turned into a bug.
In my story I wake up and realize I’ve turned into a old fool and sometimes
it seems like it happened overnight.
In Kafka’s story the guy wakes up and realizes he’s turned into a bug.
In my story I wake up and realize I’ve turned into a old fool and sometimes
it seems like it happened overnight.
I know what you mean, Dave. Who is that guy in the mirror that looks like my grandpa??? Nice write!
ReplyDeletehttp://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/farmers-lament-2/
Great subversion of the original text. I enjoyed it.
ReplyDeleteHere is my post:
http://jackedwardspoetry.blogspot.com/2011/09/rose.html
nice dave! my potluck.. http://fiveloaf.wordpress.com/2011/04/09/summer-wind/
ReplyDeletehaunting imagery, you have done an amazing job.
ReplyDelete:)
Thanks for reading.
ReplyDelete