The tin man returns,
vindictively oiled and greased,
spouting stupid stuff.
*
On a blank canvas
they draw invisible lines.
They call it the truth.
What truth? I wonder
but I’m not an art critic
so it must be truth.
Nothing is the truth,
so everyone draws a blank
and the tin man smiles.
*
A millionaire’s truth
is not really quite the same
as a poor man’s truth
but
it’s necessary
to make the poor man believe
his truth is the same.
*
On a blank canvas
they draw invisible lines.
They call it the truth.
What truth? I wonder
but I’m not an art critic
so it must be truth.
Nothing is the truth,
so everyone draws a blank
and the tin man smiles.
*
A millionaire’s truth
is not really quite the same
as a poor man’s truth
but
it’s necessary
to make the poor man believe
his truth is the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment