Sunday, August 11, 2013

Dark River 

On a far river bank I see 
knee high boots crushing skulls. 
On the other far side I see 
strange perversions lurking, waiting
for the times to change again,

and on a dark river I go
dead center adrift, bewildered I row 
but somehow know 
the worst is still yet to come. 


9 comments:

  1. sadly, I think you may be right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A timely example is that rodeo clown wearing the Obama mask. They banned him but they didn't ban the narrator egging the crowd on or those who applauded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you re-post the other one on corporate greed, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently I've had a lot of 2nd thoughts about the things I post especially if they sound more like opinions than poems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Then again, I might just be spooked by the whole surveillance thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, I know what you mean - I'm on social media & share a lot of disconcerting stuff & yes, makes me wonder who's "looking" ...and B. Man'g sentenced to 35 years - it definitely is scary. And they are still arresting gr'pas & gr'mas in Wisconsin and other state houses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anyway, thanks again for what you do...may not be what you had in mind...sorry if I may have complicated things...

      Delete
  7. it's a bummer of a summer - in more ways than one...hang on.

    ReplyDelete