The Asylum
I wander through the asylum
watching and conversing with whoever.
Some compare Obama to Hitler
while others obsess about the weather.
Die-hards clutch tight their precious guns
mumbling it's a god given right.
Crouching in fear behind tables and chairs
for all the 'what if’s' and 'what might
happen' while those in the garden
pretend they are on a Caribbean cruise
pretend they are on a Caribbean cruise
cuz everything is just hunky-dory
according to the lady on the evening news.
All smiles and celebratory
for the banker crew and it’s five year high.
In a global asylum they bargain
for the biggest piece of the proverbial pie
and I just wander and wonder
what the hell is going on here and there
and everywhere this madness
hiding in the form of the normal and sane.
All smiles and celebratory
for the banker crew and it’s five year high.
In a global asylum they bargain
for the biggest piece of the proverbial pie
and I just wander and wonder
what the hell is going on here and there
and everywhere this madness
hiding in the form of the normal and sane.
This is really good. Praises.
ReplyDeleteGet a job. Go to work. Get married. Have children. Follow fashion. "Act normal." Walk on the pavement. Watch TV. Obey the law. Save for your old age. Now repeat after me: "I am Free" cartoon by TheIdealist.com.
ReplyDeleteTheIdealistRevolution.com, that is.
ReplyDeleteI'll check out that site. Thanks
ReplyDelete