Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Share

I write, I draw, I exist.
I want to share
but few want what I share.

Family wants me on the curb
or behind bars.
My enemy wants me dead.

It’s hard to tell the difference
yet still, I write, I draw, I exist
and simply want to share.


Trust

In a trusting world
all proof dissolves
into a fragrance
upon a warm breeze
and we’re all at ease.

Then the wolf comes
knocking and demanding
we pay for the unknown
delivered by neither him
nor me,

dissolving the trust
as a cold wind blows,


Honor

A hollow thump
is the only sound
when a dead horse
hit the ground

but more thumps
followed in suit.
All made in vain
by a steel toed boot

would best describe
the cringe within
when words like honor
are spoken in whim.



 35 to Life

Truth sits in a cell
next to Change,
a repeat offender,
two strikes down

yet never a frown,
waves goodbye again
to his dear friend
doing 35 to life

for committing crimes
against the crimes
of his youth.


Shadow of Giants

In shadows of giants
sand castles are built
for the rising tide
to wash them out

as the shadow consumes
every effort, every sigh
escaping childish lips
covered by hands

in quiet resignation.


Hindsight

When I was young
I could never grasp
the meaning
of my own youth.

Only now in hindsight
can I fully embrace it
too late.  


No comments:

Post a Comment